19 January 2012

Roan WB / Day Three

Day three and I think we're almost finished with the Start Panel and Taskbar areas of the Windowblind skin.

The folks helping me (Vampothika, neone6, and 2of3) along with everyone else who stops in the thread have been great.

The only little snag I had was with the Taskbar Start Button. Originally, I was going with an 'A' or an 'O' like you see in the image here. I wasn't happy with either and was afraid I was going to be stuck with one of the ones I didn't care for. It may seem trivial, but the start button, for me, is important. When you log on to Windows, the first thing besides your wallpaper that you see is the taskbar and that start button. Of course the taskbar should look good but you know what they say about first impressions and perception and all. So I think the start button should give a good indication about what you're going to find under the hood, as it were. I beat my head in trying to come up with something when I found an old graphic in my files of the Trinity Circles. That was it. Perfect. It goes with the name (among it's many meanings, it's an old word for a form of leather) and it's my little thank you to the three skinners who are helping me. My little holy trinity of skinning. (You can see them on the folder and on the copy of the actual start button that is on the letter 'A' in the image)

Tomorrow we'll be starting a new thread to go with the new pieces. I'm kind of surprised how quickly it is going but imagine it's going to slow down a lot when it comes time to open up Skinstudio and try and assemble the thing. I'm feeling pretty optimistic and looking forward to the challenges.


No comments:

Post a Comment