September 20th, 2016
Immediately after my last blog entry, I began again to try and contact someone who might be able to help us with our issues over the Note &’ confusion and the complaints that were piling up concerning how everything had been and was being handled at BestBuy 264.
The first call was to the Sandhills store, where, I had been told the day before, the NEW General Manager for BestBuy264 was currently located. I had called there on the 20th only to be told he was in a meeting. The woman I spoke with asked me why I so urgently needed to speak with him. I told her that I had a small concern about two emails that said they were going to deduct $1800 from my debit or credit card account as son as the new phones were available for pick-up and that being on disability, that was not only impossible but would be devastating to me financially besides the fact that these two phones were already paid for. This lead to me having to explain everything that had gotten me to this particular point. Again, I spent almost an hour explaining and again I was ‘promised’ something.
She ‘promised’ she would explain the situation to Mr. Moore and that either he or she would call be back within an hour to help me.
To backtrack, briefly..I told her in the course of the conversation (as well as the BestBuy Support person I had spoken to for three hours on the phone the day before…
- I no longer cared about the $2oo gift cards we were promised in the original deal.
- I no longer cared about the fact that our free phone we were promised in the deal was now costing around $280 dome odd dollars.
- I didn’t care about the $500 in gift cards that the ASM at BestBuy 264 promised my wife and never came through on.
- I didn’t care about the the ASM’s business card that he had written ‘$200 store credit’ on and gave to my wife and whether or not it even be honored at this point.
- That these were ALL things we NEVER even asked for. They were either told/offered to us when we first walked in the store and said we wanted ONE new phone (because we were not even aware of the deals or specials at the time) or they were promised to us after things went sour as some form of compensation to appease us or make us shut-up and go away, again, not having asked for them or even suggesting that we wanted ANY form of compensation for anything.
- I just wanted someone to intervene and make arrangements with us to contact us when our replacement phones were in and arrange for us to pick them up at the store of their choosing from the NEW General Manager or any one else, just as long as we did not have to deal with the ASM or his assistant again. Because at this time, I not only felt we didn’t deserve the way we had been treated and handled (and I do mean ‘handled’ in a negative manner) and that we did not and should not have to deal with him or his assistant any further to pick up out purchased items.
So- when I called her (Shirley, btw) the next day, on the 20th, she says ‘Oh, right, I was supposed to call you back but I must have forgot. Mr. Moore told me to call you after I told him what you told me.”
I asked ‘What did he say?’ (Trying to avoid the issue of the her promise that she or he would call within an hour over 24 hours ago.)
“well, “ she said “I told him what you said and he said he was aware of the entire situation and that it had been ‘bumped up to corporate’ and I needed to call them.”
My eyes start to hurt, like someone is pushing their thumbs into them…hard.
I said “But what about the $1800 dollars the emails said would be …”
She cut me off and said “I have the same forms you do. They are not going to deduct any money from you.”
“What?’ I asked. “What forms? How do you know what forms I even have? I didn’t say anything about any forms.”
‘The forms you were given were the same I got.”
I suddenly realize that what ever conversation she had with this Mr. Moore went beyond what I had asked her to call me about and/or she also had either spoken to the ASM at BestBuy 264 or someone else and was in the 2016 philosophy mode of ‘The customer is always wrong.’. I felt like I was in an Ira Levin play that bordered on a ‘farce’ and I was the straight guy, the mark, or the rube.
I tried to explain, calmly, leaving everything else out, that I needed to speak with him just to verify my bank account was safe and if he could tell me where…and I would get a ride to ANY store of his choosing..I could meet him or go to get my replacements when they came in so I wouldn’t have to deal with ASM I had filed formal complaints against.
She said ‘You're going to have to take that up with corporate. I told you that I..” and she repeats herself as to what Mr. Moore has told her I am supposed to do. We go back and forth, both us getting loud until I surrendered and said ‘Fine. Thank you. Good-bye.” and hung up.